Saturday 9 May 2015

What Shall I Do?!

I find myself in a very new and slightly stressful situation. I'm not sure if any of you have been in this situation before but I'd really love to know how you handled it. I'm sure most of you know that my husband left last year and I have been coping with the kids on my own, mostly. Well, due to their Dad now having his own place the boys are now able to go and stay there. This weekend, that is exactly what they are doing.

It's been about ten minutes since they all hustled off out the door with bags, wellies, cloths and coats. Ten minutes I've been sat here listening to my daughter snoring softly on the sofa. Next door playing in the garden with their toddler. The wind blowing leaves across the ygarden path and the birds occasionally tweeting from their perch. All the gentle, quiet sounds that usually go unheard due to the racket made by two boys.

My dilemma is.. what do I do? Apart from my little girl (who is so easy you almost forget you've got her) I am child free!

No "Why Mummy"

No endless requests for juice, sweets, chocolate or ice cream

No fighting

No crying over a small plastic toy

No shouting because Thing 1 has sat where Thing 2 wanted to sit.

No puddles to mop up

No messes to try and vanish

No small body in my bed

No nighmares to sooth away

No list of options for dinner

No f**king Lego on the floor


As you can tell, I'll hardly notice they've gone!
My problem is continuing the endless list of things to do virsus chilling out and getting some kip.

Even if I just do the things I want to, I'm overwhelmed with choice. I have my garden to continue. Planting, fencing, grass cutting and digging.
Inside I have 5 months of craft kits to try, cross stitch to finish, pictures to frame and a quilt to attempt.
I could pamper myself and have a long quiet soak in the bath, read the exciting end to my current book, watch the latest episode of Once Upon A Time on Netflix. The possibilities are endless!
Seeing as my little girl has just woken up, I think I'll play with her ☺


1 comment:

  1. If you think you're struggling now, imagine how you will feel when she goes too!? Lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!