Monday 4 May 2015

Enjoy The Sunshine...

Sometimes, things happen that make you stop and think. Make you stop and take stock of everything. Unfortunately, it seems to be an unhappy event that makes us do this.
Today is one of those days. Today I'm taking stock. I'm realising all the things I am blessed with and being grateful...



Last night one of my school friends died. I have no idea how or why, just that he has gone.
He was one of those big characters, you know. The kind that everyone knows, whether they hang round together or not. He was funny, outspoken, a lovable rogue. Every teachers nightmare, I would imagine! Just thinking about him makes me smile. The stuff he got up to and his give a shit attitude. We used to sneak out of school for fags sometimes. Well, I used to sneak. He didn't care, he would stroll out the gates like he owned the place, not caring if he got caught. That was him all over.

I saw him a while ago, walking up Mums road. A guy in a hoody was coming towards me. I'll be honest, it make me tense a bit. As he passed a familiar voice said "Alright Kafrin". Looking up I saw his cheeky grin beaming from the darkness of his hood. I asked how he was and how he was getting on. He did the same. We said we would have to catch up properly soon, have a drink or something..

That was the last time I saw him. We won't get to have that drink now, or share what we've done since leaving school. Proudly show off photos of our kids and some of the stuff they get up to.

I know this isn't a happy post for a sunny Sunday. If nothing else hug your kids tighter, write that letter you keep meaning to send or make that call you keep putting off. We all leave things longer than we should, just try not to leave it until it's too late.

Massive love to you all and enjoy the sunshine xx

2 comments:

  1. So so true. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this Kat, but very good words of advice. Hope you're alright xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!