Wednesday 11 February 2015

A Weekend With Ross Bartlett

I was lucky enough to spend the last weekend on a Mediumship Development course with the wonderful Ross Bartlett. I went on the course last year with my sister but since then I have moved house, had a baby and separated from my husband. I don't think I could have fit in training as well!

The first day was mostly theory. We covered the different ways of receiving information.

Clairvoyance - Seeing images, colours, words.
Clairsentience - Feeling things such as pain, pressure, emotions.
Clairaudience - Hearing words or sounds. Sounds can be projected outside the body or can come as thoughts in your head with no voice.
Clairgustance - Is tasting something
Clairolfactory - Is smelling something

I recieve information Clairvoyantly and a little Clairaudiantly but mainly Clairsentiently. Meaning most of the information I receive as a feeling. I am quite an emotional person so I feel a lot this way. A happy person makes me want to smile and laugh while a sad situation may make me cry (and has a couple of times).
It could be something physical, like a tightening in my chest could be a heart problem or an ache in my body could mean a significant problem with the person.
Occasionally, words pop into my head. It could be a persons name, a colour or a place. Even less often, I hear things. Its like somebody whispering in my ear bu t I don't always catch it. That is probably why it isn't a preferred way to communicate with me!

The less information that is being processed by the brain, the easier it is for spirit to communicate. This is why a lot of people have visions or hear things as they are going to sleep. The conscious brain is slowing down for the night, the lights are off and your eyes are closed so there is very little stimulation.
Equally, how grounded you are will have an opposite effect. Imagine trying to listen to someone whispering to you at a club. You couldn't do it, you wouldn't hear a thing!

The key is meditation. Being able to focus the mind and concentrate solely on one thing is vital. The better you become at this, the clearer you will be able to recieve information.
Obviously, I'm not very good at concentrating (hence the fact it has taken me several days to write this post!) so I need to practice some of the meditations we did so I can improve my ability to focus.

We did a couple of readings over the weekend using different objects. Firstly we used flowers. It is amazing how much you can pick up.

 I managed to pick up several details from my partner and the flower he chose. I don't want to divulge anything too personal so I won't go into detail. I did identify members of the family and illnesses that they had. His previous He said my reading was spot on. Coming from someone who has been in the business for 20 years, I took that as a massive compliment. He was even kind enough to pose for a photo with his flower.

My flower
Later, we did a reading from a tarot card. I found this reading slightly harder although I'm not sure why. I still identified several events that had happened in the lady's life. The problem was that I stuggled to get more information after I had shared the initial points I picked up on.

The final reading was the most amazing for me. We had to choose a piece of ribbon from a pile for our partners to read. I chose a lovely soft golden piece. My partner had recently lost someone very close and had come to the course in the hope someone would get a message for her from them. I started describing a relatives personality and a name popped into my head which was significant. I found it difficult to get any further information so I asked Ross for some help. He talked me through a process he used in the previous course I did with him. To imagine myself surrounded by light and see what energy is there. This worked perfectly and I was able to give this lady a much wanted and needed message from her loved one. I won't share the message but I was able to see a silhouette of two people. From that I could describe the stature of both people. When I thought about their personality, I was able to describe them from the way they made me feel emotionally.

I found it truly humbling to be able to give someone a message that obviously meant so much. It can also be a healing experience too. Reading is a very emotional experience for me, as most of what I pass on is picked up through my emotions. This can be quite physically draining as well.

At the end of the course Ross suggested I practice meditation as this will improve my focus. He also suggested I start doing readings for other people (Eeeeek!) I will definitely start meditating more often, not just for the benefits of doing readings. Meditating has several health benefits too so its a win:win for me! I had an amazing weekend that just served to remind me how amazing it is to be able to contact spirit.

Me with Ross Bartlett 


1 comment:

  1. Well finally! This sounded so good Kat im first in line for that reading would be interesting considering you know me so well (you know I'm a little well I'm not skeptic I totally believe so I'm not sure! Hehe) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!