Thursday 6 March 2014

Howdy Y'all!

Hey! Sorry about the lack of posts so far this year, the time is seriously flying by. I can't believe we are in March already, it's craazy!! I have been spending some constructive time in the "real" world. Man.. it's quite intense without an outlet for everything. So, I have returned to fold. I have missed all your wonderful blogs and my buddies. It is going to take me several posts to get you all up to speed though I think, so please bear with me. I have decided to set aside some blogging time each week otherwise I shall just get whisked away on the merry go round of life again.

Today, the boys are in nursery which is a welcome relief. They didn't have a very good night last night and I feel utterly exhausted. It is world book day so Chaos has gone in his Fireman Sam onsie and Squish is wearing almost everything he owns with Thomas the Tank on it. They do look cute, bless them. (Big, obviously, did not dress up.)

I feel I should really be painting our bathroom. It was a job I aimed to do on Tuesday but after spending a whole hour choosing the paint (yes, I am a tad indecisive) Big came home from school early so it didn't happen. At the moment our bathroom is a delicate shade of OH MY GOD ORANGE! I cannot describe it's vibrancy accurately with my limited vocabulary so here is a picture in all its zesty glory.
View IMAG0093.jpg in slide show
I actually quite like it. Until I want to take a quiet relaxing bath, then suddenly the walls start shouting at me and unless the light is out it becomes a fairly quick dip. Hopefully soon the citrus zing with turn from orange to Luscious Lime! I know, why choose another bright colour? Well, green is a healing colour and I'm sure it will brighten up the room without making it look cold.. Hmm... no I'm not sure it was the best choice either but what the heck, we can always pick another colour if it is really awful! The other cool thing is the water looks blue when you fill the bath. Probably due to all the stuff n flouride they put in it but I think it still looks cool.

We have been in the house over a month now and it feels more homely than our last house. Chaos is settling down and becoming the lovely, cuddly bundle he used to be. Squish has firmly thrown himself into the terrible twos and has become really clingy, to me. He has screaming fits like no other about almost anything and yells the house down in the middle of the night if I am not immediately by his side. It is proving quite tiring. It also means leaving the two of them together is not advisable as it usually ends in a fight over something. Walking is the answer. They walk hand in hand and look at the cars and birds, like butter wouldn't melt. Fickle creatures!

Big has settled right in. Initially, he was out at every given opportunity, loving having his mates close by. He was out after school, after dinner, most of the weekend, he loves it. I have noticed now he isn't out at every chance. He was out after school yesterday but then said he couldn't be bothered to go out after dinner. That says to me he is settled. He is as happy to be here as he is to go to his mates houses. That makes me very happy. I do worry about him, not that anyone thinks I do. He will always be my little buddy. We had such a great time just the two of us and that will always be really special to me.

I shall leave it there for now as I have to pop out to find water proof sleeping bag covers for me and my lovely friend Hannah (the Cupcake Mumma). The day has finally arrived and we are sleeping out in Bath tomorrow night to raise funds for Julian House. I am very excited and can't wait to see her tomorrow! Yay!! I better make sure we have enough cosy stuff to keep us warm and dry otherwise it will be a LONG night. Will be back to tell you all about it very soon   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!