Friday 10 January 2014

Word of the Week

The Reading Residence

Over at The Reading Residence I have found another great weekly linky hosted by Jocelyn. After the events that have occurred over the course of this week, I couldn't resist linking up!



If you have been following my blog for a while, you'll know that the last 7 months have been something of a living hell for my family. You can read more about it here. In the space of a week, just seven little days, all that has changed for the better! 

I applied for a housing exchange before Christmas. As we live in a fairly remote village, not many people want to move here so it has been quite tricky finding someone to swap with. We found someone keen to swap then had to wait over the Christmas holidays for our decision as to whether we can move or not. I know that isn't long but believe me, it has felt like forever!! 
This week we have passed our house check so we have the go ahead to swap, we are just waiting for a date! 

My husband has been working in Chard for the last few months. It is an hour and a half drive to get there from here so he stays in a B&B for 4 days a week. It is so difficult to form and maintain a functioning relationship when you are only together for a couple of days a week. 
This week my husband has been offered a new job just down the road from our new house!! 

If that wasn't amazing enough, I found out today that our case with Social Services has been CLOSED!! 
This has to have been the BEST week ever and it's only 11 days into January! I cant wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for us. One thing is for sure, I cant wait until we are all living under the same roof again. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to hear all of this! I was having a catch up on your blog earlier this evening, and it was so lovey to read all the positive things that are happening. Hope they all go smoothly from now xx #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you all x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly amazing week you've had! A fabulous start to the year for you and your family. Thanks for linking up with #WotW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A damn fine start to the year!! And long may it continue!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased for you Kat. What a brilliant start to 2014. Hoping it just keeps getting better and better for you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic start to 2014 for you all, I hope it continues to bring you lots of blessings x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!