Thursday 27 June 2013

Midnight Mumble

I am linking this up with Emma's fabulous Wednesday Words although I must admit, it is more of a midnight mumble from me!

Wednesday Words


Waking up with my face on the keyboard again...

Groaning at the stiffness in my back,

I slowly get up.

Its dark.

What time...?

Midnight???

Are the boys...?

I check them, they are all sleeping.

I notice all the bath/bedtime debris scattered about

Oh... Ooops...

In the bathroom, the cold water on the floor seeps into my socks

Aaaaaarrrgghhhhh!

Have I mentioned how much I HATE WET SOCKS??!!

There is movement downstairs

Fat dog noisily tiptoes back to her bed so I wont know shes been sleeping on the bottom step again..

A place she has been every night since my husband left

My beautiful girl

Shit... Did I feed her?!

The evenings events slowly replay

Yes, yes I did...  Phew!!

I feel like a fraud.

I'm good at pretending I'm keeping it together

Really, I'm just papering the cracks

Sunday is realization day

Yes!! I made it through another week!!

Elated

Oh.. But another week starts tomorrow

Dispair

Oh well,

Here we go again then....

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. Your mumbles make fantastic prose. Thankyou for sharing such moving but difficult times. I hope writing helps you to heal. Thanks for linking up to #WednesdayWords

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!