Friday 15 February 2013

Can I Get A HONK HONK?!

I am massively proud and excited to be joining the fabulous ladies of #TeamHonk as they climb Mount Snowdon to raise money for Red Nose Day!


In a few weeks we shall be heading towards North Wales, ready to scale the third highest Mountain in the country. I have been buzzing with excitement since my place was confirmed. I really can't wait. I am going to be joining some very amazing ladies who I have admired in the blogging world for the last year.

The founder members of Team Honk are Mummy (Tanya) Barrow, Annie Spratt and Penny Alexander. They are all fresh off the plane from Accora, Ghana where they visited some of the projects supported by Comic Relief.

 
This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Red Nose Day. Since the launch of this amazing charity in 1985 it has raised over £750 Million (that's seven hundred and fifty MILLION POUNDS!!) In 2011 alone, Red Nose Day raised £108 million. These numbers make me so proud to be British!

To be a part of this fantastic fundraising event is a real life achievement for me. It will be up there as one of my proudest moments. We are making a difference. We are changing the lives of people all over the world and that gives me an immense feeling of well being!

DAVINA!
In the hope of raising a bit more money, if I reach my target of £200 I shall wear fancy dress to climb the mountain. My cousin has donated £20 and requested I wear a pink Tutu. So if you would like to see me in a multi coloured wig or psychedelic flares click THIS LINK and sponsor me. Put your requests in the comments box! (Oh dear... What have I let myself in for?!)

Another reason I am massively excited about this trip is I am meeting up with a lovely friend and wonderful blogger Cupcake Mumma. We 'met' through blogging last year and Hannah quickly became a firm fav of mine. This is the first time we have met so I am really looking forward to giving her a huge cwtch to make up for all the cyber hugs. We are going to have a ball. I haven't been on a girly weekend for years let alone one with such a fantastic purpose!

So please, if it is all you do today, skip on over and sponsor me or #TeamHonk and we shall be eternally grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Aww lovely post Kat!! May sponsor you myself just for those flairs!! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - well done for joining in, such a great cause, you'll have a ball! Will def sponsor when I can get to a PC x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!