Monday 11 February 2013

A Blog Shop for Unicef

I was thinking of other ways to raise money for Unicef. I would really like to link it through my blog and Twitter as I have an increasing number of followers these days. (Thank you all!) I don't want to be repetitive and keep plugging the same thing, it gets boring after a while, I know. I have come up with an idea that may just be a good'un so I would love to hear what you think and if you would like to get involved.



The idea is this... I have seen so many incredible talents out there in Blogland and Twitterverse. Creating beautiful crafts in all manner of ways. Some at home as a hobby, some to supply Etsy shops or high street stores. Whatever your motive, the items you create are stunningly beautiful in their own way.

Initially, I wondered about a silent auction but decided it would be rather complicated with bidding and sorting out lots etc. Then I hit upon the idea of a little shop (a page on my blog) for people to buy some of these works of art. I have some of my photos to frame and sell. I was hoping if I asked really nicely, some of you may like to donate an item or two. Items will be pictured on my blog with a link either to you or your shop. People can then have a browse on your site if they want to see more.

I was thinking of linking up my Just Giving page for all payments so all moneys will go directly to Unicef. Once the person has paid for their item, I will be notified by email from Just Giving and the item can be shipped off to them.

This is still a very new idea so if you see any flaws, have suggestions or would like to get involved I'm all ears. I would love to promote some of the gorgeous crafts I have seen as well as raise as much for Unicef as I can. I hope this is an idea that can benefit us all.
Huge thanks x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab idea. I don't see any flaws, but I don't have a business brain! Nor do I have a crafting gene in my body, but still sounds like a great idea! Good luck! Hope it works. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have just become a follower so that I keep updated in this gorgeous and wonderful idea.
    And I could spread the word also in my blog, although I only have 12 followers, a bit more than that actually read it. . . :-)

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely, supportive comments. I am have had such a positive response that I am hoping to get it up and running next month (March) so watch this space... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, I've been away for a couple of days, so only just read your blog. I'll send you some stuff to sell. Joy nxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me! I am happy to donate something. :) (sorry it has taken me so long to pop by) x What I will prob do is put a section in my shop with a couple of items that I can make up if someone buys it through you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!